SB Deorah College Guwahati Recruitment 2022: Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following permanent sanctioned post of Assistant professor in SB Deorah College, Guwahati.
SB Deorah College Guwahati Recruitment 2022
|Assistant professor||English & Political Science (02 Post)|
- As per govt.OM/AHE239/2021/68 DATED 24/01//2022 Rules
- 38 Years, Age Relaxation as per govt. rules
SB Deorah College Guwahati Official Website?
SB Deorah College Guwahati Address?
Bora Service, Shillong Road, Ulubari, Guwahati, Assam 781007
SB Deorah College Guwahati Contact Number?
0361 252 3172
Sreenivas Basudev Deorah College, popularly referred to as S.B.Deorah College, nestles in an ideal location in the arterial G.S. Road of Guwahati. Formerly named, Ulubari College, this institution started functioning in the premises of the neighbouring Ulubari High School in the evening on 9th September 1984 with 75 students in its roll for the higher secondary programme.
The College has been set up with the painstaking efforts of a few academically conscious personalities who felt the need of an institution of higher education in the Ulubari locality. Late Chidananda Das, former Registrar of Gauhati University, was the founder President of the Steering Committee of the College. On 9th September 1987, the college started functioning from its own temporary Assam-type shed. It was upgraded to the status of Degree College in the same year.
At a public meeting held on 4th November 1989, it was decided to entrust S.B.Deorah Charitable Trust to construct a two storeyed R.C.C building with a plinth area of 9000 sq. feet for the college. Accordingly, the building was constructed providing the required infrastructure for all administrative work, teaching-learning and co-curricular activities. In recognition to the contribution of the trust, the Ulubari College Authority renamed the college after Sreenivas Basudev Deorah as S.B.Deorah College.
The college is affiliated to the Gauhati University and came under the deficit grant-in-aid schemes of Government of the Assam on 11 January 1996. It has attained permanent UGC registration under Section 2(f) &12 (B) of UGC Act, 1956, in the year 2005.
The college has remained tall and strong for 35 years since its inception moving from strength to strength. It stands as an emblem of knowledge and wisdom where the students are nurtured to be better individuals and to be useful members of society. An efficient and firm administration along with a team of dedicated and sincere faculty members are committed to the goal of providing quality education and creating a harmonious and healthy environment making the students self-sufficient and instilling in them the confidence to realize their dreams.
- To become one of the leading educational institute of the region and to be a centre for dissemination of knowledge and services to the society through teaching, learning and extension activities.
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure for the all-round development of the students.
- To create the foundation for developing leadership quality and professional skills of the students.
- To encourage students to look beyond their curriculum and nurture their talents in various fields.
- To provide value based education and to inculcate the principles of morality, devotion, duty and responsibility among the students.